05 Jan Message to Parents
Dear Parents & Carers,
I hope you are all safe and well and I apologise for emailing during the holiday. Following the announcements made by the Government yesterday, there are probably questions that you have about the return to school in January. I wanted to give you a brief update on how our plans have changed.
Please be aware though that this is a rapidly changing situation so there is every chance that further alterations will happen!
The main points you need to be aware of are:
- All year groups will be working at home from Wednesday 6th January to Friday 8th January. Lessons will follow the previous timetable sent out and work will be on Teams. All online timetables will also be uploaded into the Teams areas before Tuesday 5th and there are also copies on the website.
- Key workers with children in Year 7 to 10 will have already requested their places at school for the 6th – 8th January and a place will be therefore available the following week. If Keyworkers with children in Year 11 wish for their son or daughter to be supervised in school they should complete this link, before Monday 4th January.
- Year 11 and 13 students will return to school on Monday 11th January.
- For Year 11 & 13 external BTEC examinations will continue as planned and Mr Knight will contact those involved.
- Year 7-10 and 12 students will continue to learn at home for the week beginning 11th January. They will return to school on Monday 18th January.
- Food parcels will be available for families who are in receipt of Free School Meals, please contact email@example.com before 9am on January 4th if you would like to receive these. There is no need to request this again if you have already done so.
As far as mass testing goes, we have started to make preparations for this to begin in January. I would like to reaffirm that testing of students will only take place if we have consent from parents to do so. Once we have completed the training next week, I will send out a letter detailing the testing and a link to the online consent form.
I wish you all a happy new year and will communicate again soon.