March 3, 2011 in by admin
The RSA Academy Parent Council has been set up to give parents a voice in Academy decision making. The aim is to create a forum in which parents can discuss issues concerning their children’s education at the Academy in a formal and constructive manner.
PARENT COUNCIL MEETING
Tuesday 18 September 2012 6.30-8.30
- Minutes and matters arising
- Election of Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary
- ICT developments (Tim Morton)
- Review of 2011-12
- Agreeing themes for discussion in 2012-13
- Student Lifestyle Survey
- Parent Community Group feedback
- Events for parents 2012-13
Dates of meetings 2012-13
The objectives of the Parent Council are:
- To work in partnership with the Academy to create a welcoming environment which is inclusive for all parents and carers
- To promote partnership between the Academy, its students and all its parents/carers
- To develop and engage in activities which support the education and welfare of the students
- To identify and represent the views of parents and carers on the education provided by the Academy and other matters affecting the education and welfare of the students.
Copies of the minutes of meetings are available to all parents and carers of children at the RSA Academy and to all staff. Copies can be obtained from the Secretary of the Parent Council and from the RSA Academy Partnerships Office.
Meetings of the Parent Council are open to the parent or carer of any student, unless the Parent Council is discussing an issue which it considers should be dealt with on a confidential basis. The Parent Council currently meets twice each term.
Some of the issues already discussed by the Parent Council include:
- Progress Days
- Social events
- Smoking policy
- Work related learning
- PSHCE curriculum
- Truancy call system
If you are interested in joining the Parent Council please contact:
PA to the Principal
Tel: 0121 556 1351
Parent Council Members
Louise Morris (Parent Governor and Chair)
Louise Johnson (Secretary)
Andrea Hickman (Vice-Chair)
- Nicola Moore
- Philip Watts
- Clifford Armstrong
- Liane McGee
- Enroy Vickers
- Joanne Selman
- Pamela Brown
- Sharon Kennell
- Louise Johnson
- Wendy Skett
- Anne Belcher
- Parent Council Meeting Notes July 2012
- Parent Council Meeting Notes April 2012
- Parent Council Meeting Notes Jan 2012
- Parent Council Meeting Notes Nov 2011
- Parent Council Meeting Notes Sept 2011
The RSA Academy is committed to working in close partnership with parents and carers as we believe that by working together we can achieve the best outcomes for your children.
All parents and carers of children at the RSA Academy are automatically members of the Parent Forum. Parent Forum meetings take place three times each year and all parents and carers are encouraged to attend. These meetings give parents and carers the opportunity to ask questions about any aspect of our work and to enable you to hear about issues that are currently under discussion at the Academy. They also provide the opportunity to hear feedback about the activities of the Parent Council which is working on behalf of all parents of children at the RSA Academy.
I would like to take this opportunity to encourage you to join us on the Parent Council. It is an ideal opportunity to meet other parents, share views and have a real input into what goes on in YOUR Academy. This place of learning belongs to everyone – the teachers, the students and us, the parents.
Many different topics are discussed at Parent Council meetings and these views and ideas are then communicated to the Academy leadership and also to the Governing Body. The Governing Body has been very complimentary and grateful for the work of the Parent Council and feels it has a real place and role to play in the RSA Academy.
Parent Governor and Chair of Parent Council