Information for Parents Years 7-11
We expect that all pupils wear the uniform both in school and when representing the school at events or on visits. When the pupils are travelling to and from school in the community, we expect that the same high uniform standards are met with the pupils wearing the uniform with pride and role modelling our values.
- The RSA Academy blazer with the RSA Academy logo
- Formal white collared shirt buttoned to the neck – not stretchy or tight-fitting.
- The RSA Academy school tie
- Formal black trousers – chinos, jeans, denim, leggings, jeggings or skinny trousers are not permitted. The trousers must not have external buckles, rivets, zips or logos.
- Formal black school skirt – this must be knee length and must not be of a stretchy or Lycra material. The skirt must not have external buckles rivets, zips or logos.
Black opaque tights or plain flesh-coloured tights must be worn with skirts.
- Formal plain black polishable shoes – these must not have a logo or branding.Trainers or pumps are not allowed. Heels must not be more than 2cm. Pupils are not allowed to wear boots in school; however, during bad weather students may walk to school in appropriate footwear and change into their shoes upon arrival at school.
- Black coat with no bigger than a credit card size logo. Hoodies are not permitted.
- Clothing should be clean, tidy and neat – all shirts must be tucked in and top buttons fastened
Boys and Girls Sports Kit
- RSA Academy rugby shirt and/or RSA Academy polo shirt
- Black rugby socks with gold stripe turnover.
- Black shorts
- Training shoes and/or football boots as required
- Plain black tracksuit (optional)
All items of sports kit must be clearly named
Other items and Equipment
- Black School bag with no obvious logos or markings is needed to carry items to/from school. It must be strong and of a size to take an A4 folder, sandwich box etc.
- A pencil case containing at least: a pen, a pencil, a ruler, a rubber and a sharpener. It is suggested that pupils also have access to highlighters, coloured crayons and a scientific calculator.
Hairstyles, Jewellery and make-up
- Students are allowed to wear one small pair of plain metal (silver/gold) stud earrings in the lobe of the ear and a wrist watch ; spacers are not permitted.Rings, bracelets and wristbands are not permitted in school.
- No nail polish or false nails
- No make-up or facial piercings of any description.
- Hair should be neat, tidy and safe with no extremes of fashion permitted. Where hair is coloured, it must be of natural shades only.
- Baseball caps or other hats are not permitted.
The Academy reserves the right to sanction students for not following the appropriate dress code for the academy which will include isolation. Where possible the academy will provide alternatives to incorrect uniform. Persistent failure to comply with the academy uniform and equipment expectations will incur more severe sanctions.
Students in Years 7-11 are expected to wear the Academy uniform which is in keeping with the smart, professional image we want all our Academy community to portray. Uniform can be purchased from: