May 22, 2012 in by humpage.j
The Comino Foundation was formed in 1971 by the late Demetrius Comino and his daughter Anna. The Foundation’s vision is ‘that people in Britain should live more fulfilled lives within a prosperous and responsible society’. This vision is based on, and has been developed from, the Founder’s own thinking about achievement and what makes a prosperous and responsible society. Their work focuses on trying to plug gaps and create outcomes not outputs.
RSA Academy Comino Centre
The RSA Academy Comino Centre was opened in 2009.
It works towards realising the vision of the Comino Foundation in the Academy and its local community, operating within the framework of the RSA Academy’s own ethos and values together with the Opening Minds curriculum. The focus of the work undertaken so far has been on developing the competences of the students and giving them access to opportunities and experiences which they would not otherwise have encountered.
The work undertaken by the Comino Centre is varied with a number of current projects, which include:
- tackling social mobility challenges – with the aim of ensuring that all students at the RSA Academy are able to progress and succeed, regardless of their social, racial or economic backgrounds, by raising aspirations, providing skills workshops and consistent, well-informed careers advice;
- developing a student leadership programme to equip students with leadership skills to support students’ current and future success;
- getting students more actively engaged with their own learning experiences and enabling them to have more of a voice within their education, through the implementation of our ‘Lead Learner’ programme;
- setting up international collaborations between our students and students overseas, such as our partnership with the Herberger Academy in Arizona;
- Linking with the Sheffield Comino Centre to trial the use of Verbal Behavioural Analysis within the Academy;
- Enhancing the creativity of the students through links with the Ideas Foundation and PAL (Performing Arts Lab)
For more information about the RSA Academy Comino Centre or any of the projects being undertaken please contact Arvind Batra - Director Comino Centre; email@example.com
Tel: 0121 556 1351 Ext 876